The Saint Patrick’s Day craziness is almost here. Kid’s wearing everything and anything green and pinching anyone who dares not to wear green! Might as well go with the flow, enjoy the fun, and plan some classroom activities with a St. Paddy’s Day theme! I’ve saved some favorites on Pinterest, and posted two of them in my Pick Three post for March. Today, I thought I would share a few more that didn’t make it into that post. Follow the links to see the original posts, or check out my Winter Holidays Board to see everything.
- St. Patrick’s Day Bookmarks – free bookmarks to print and give to every kid – Three choices are offered – bookmarks with a short message, with just a picture, or with Irish blessings.
- Green Drop Cookies – recipe from Disney Family for a holiday treat – powdered sugar coated green cookies – Confetti candy mixed into the batter gives them an interesting look.
- St.Patrick’s Day Riddles – a free PowerPoint of fun riddles for the day
- Traditions of the Day – two minute video from history.com about Saint Patrick’s Day traditions
- St. Patrick’s Journey – narrative with pictures of the life of Saint Patrick, includes the story of how he was kidnapped and facts about Celtic Ireland
If you are interested in a ready to use informational text activity for the holiday, check out this one from my TPT store:
Below you can see the pages from this resource: